2018 EGU Summer 7s
Men, Women, Girls, Boys
Empire 7s: W/M/G/B
Registration / Information
|9-Jun-18||Round 1||Princeton AC: NJ7s|
|16-Jun-18||Round 2||Syracuse: Salt City 7s||Results|
|30-Jun-18||Round 3||Rockaway: 42nd Annual Beach 7s Tournament|
|14-July-18||Round 4||Binghamton: Roadkill 7s|
|21-July-18||EGU Championship||New Haven 7s||Site moved to Cheshire, CT|
Empire GU would like to remind all Clubs and their teams that for the Summer 7s Championship Series is only successful with their participation, enthusiasm, and awareness of competition rules.
- Pay registration fees as far in advance as possible. Do you want to know the tournament schedule by the time Thursday practice rolls around so that you can adequately prepare your logistics? Register ASAP and expect online registration to close on Sunday the week of the event.
- Encourage their Club referees to make themselves available to both RRSNY and NYSRRS for scheduling;
- Be prepared to prove a competent touch judge for each game they play (with the exception of the championship game, when referees may be utilized);
- Be a CIPP’ed club with liability insurance and know if all their CIPP rostered persons have adequate medical/health insurance per USAR requirements;
- Know in advance how many games (win or lose) they are expected to play. All Empire divisions will play through to 8th place. Failure to play in games, especially in the consolation bracket, may subject Clubs/teams to EGU disciplinary action;
- USAR's CIPP Transfer deadline is July 1. Do NOT wait until the last minute to transfer especially if you're planning on playing in round 1 or 2 of the Empire Series. Get the paperwork started.
- EGU's longstanding tradition of assisting college players with the jump to senior Club rugby by refunding the CIPP transfer fee ($45) is currently a motion in the 45 day review period. Start the transfer process and save your receipts.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions