UMass-Amherst Women's Rugby Club - Head Coach
posted November 7, 2018
The UMass Women’s Rugby Club is looking for a knowledgeable and motivational rugby coach starting in the Spring of 2019.
* Must have minimum of level 200 USA Rugby Coaching Certification
* Pass CORI check
* Availability in the Fall and Spring semesters
* Flexibility between morning/night practices
* Attend at least 4 practices a week and attend all games
* Ensure that sessions are designed to grow and develop safety, skills, and understanding of both returning and new players
* Ability to quickly and effectively explain drills and plays
* Ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement individually and collectively to players of all skill levels and positions
* Maintain a strong level of professionalism
* Ability to work effectively with the captains, executive board and players
* At least 2-3 years of previous coaching experience
If interested, please send a resume and references to email@example.com.
Portland (ME) Women's Rugby Club - Head Coach / Coaches
posted October 4, 2018
The Portland Women’s Rugby Club is looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable rugby coach or coaches to begin Spring 2018.
- Must have minimum of level 200 USA Rugby Coaching Certification or be willing to obtain prior to season start. Be eligible for USA Rugby CIPP registration.
- Develop sustainable culture of accountability and competitiveness.
- Ability to attend all trainings and matches.
- Ensure that sessions are designed to grow and develop safety, skills, and understanding of both new and experienced players.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other coaches, captain, and players.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement individually and collectively to players of all skill levels and positions.
- Develop team growth and community involvement.
- Willingness to assist with recruitment and retention of players.
- Work closely with captain regarding team growth and goals.
- Ability to work effectively with team executive board, assisting when needed, on club development and planning.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References from co-coaches and players are strongly encouraged.
Village Lions RFC - Head Coach Women's 15s D2 Program
posted September 10, 2018
This NYC squad has an established playing group and is looking forward to playing in the competitive Empire League Season for 2018-2019.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced coach to help shape and develop the women’s 15s program over the next 2 -3 years, supported by a proactive and enthusiastic committee and Board of Trustees.
The new coach will engage in: player development, will develop game strategy, including practice, game coaching and player skills. Importantly, the coach will seek out best practice and innovative approaches in 15’s rugby; Coaches with outstanding records in Fifteens are encouraged to apply.
The fall season will be from early August to mid-November with the spring season running from March - June depending on performance in the playoffs. Practice is usually Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the Bronx (Mott Haven) A stipend is provided, plus travel to games/tournaments, and a bonus should the team go to Championship games.
Prospective applicants are asked to provide the following:
* Your rugby CV.
* A sample plan for one or more 15’s training sessions, so we can get to see how you organise
sessions and how you communicate.
* Your vision for how you would move our program to the next level.
Applications should be sent to the VLRFC Director of Rugby (email@example.com). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.