Morris Rugby Seeks Head Coach for Men's Team
posted January 9, 2019
Morris Rugby is seeking a head coach for their Men’s division 2 team. Morris rugby, Established in 1977 is a large club with “cradle to grave” playing opportunities from the youth flag level through our Masters men’s team.
The Men’s 15’s team has been very successful in the past several seasons, earning both the Northeast and empire GU championships and also reaching the national quarter finals the last two years. We have also won the Empire Sevens championship in 2017 and continue to be a contender. We have many players that are now joining the team that have come through our youth system and successful college careers, that will pave the way for continued success. We need a committed coach to lead us into the next phase of this success.
Morris Rugby Men’s Head Coach position responsibilities include:
1. Develop the year-long “game plan”, which includes practices, scrimmages, league play, and tournaments for 15’s.
2. Mentor the players and help them reach the highest levels of play possible.
3. Maintain discipline and the highest standard of ethics and sportsmanship.
4. Decide on how selections will be made for the D2 and D3 teams
Qualifications & Experience:
* Level 200 or greater from USA Rugby or IRB
* 3 years coaching experience
An annual stipend of $3000.00 will be provided.
If interested please contact Kris O’Brien at email@example.com
New Haven Old Black RFC - Head Coach
posted November 19, 2018
The New Haven Old Black Rugby Football Club has an established core of players that has already qualified for the spring 2019 Empire Conference Playoffs based off of a 7-1 fall league record. The team has goals of winning the Empire Championship and making a run at a national title. This is a great opportunity for an experienced coach to help shape and develop the 15s program over this spring season and beyond with full support from the players and board of directors.
The new coach will engage in: player development, implementing game strategy, roster management, setting expectations, providing technical support in the set piece and clarity of the attack structure. The coach will seek out best practices and innovative approaches for 15’s rugby. The spring season will run from the first week of February through the first week of June (depending on performance in the playoffs). Winter indoor training generally takes place twice a week in the evenings (depending on availability). Outdoor training usually runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in New Haven.
Compensation: A monthly stipend will be provided as well as travel reimbursement for games/tournaments. Housing accommodations may be provided.
Prospective applicants are asked to provide the following:
* Your rugby CV
* A sample plan for one or more 15’s training sessions
* Your vision for managing a team and developing them through a competitive season
Applications should be sent to the New Haven Board of Directors at BOD@nhrugby.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
UMass-Amherst Women's Rugby Club - Head Coach
posted November 7, 2018
The UMass Women’s Rugby Club is looking for a knowledgeable and motivational rugby coach starting in the Spring of 2019.
* Must have minimum of level 200 USA Rugby Coaching Certification
* Pass CORI check
* Availability in the Fall and Spring semesters
* Flexibility between morning/night practices
* Attend at least 4 practices a week and attend all games
* Ensure that sessions are designed to grow and develop safety, skills, and understanding of both returning and new players
* Ability to quickly and effectively explain drills and plays
* Ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement individually and collectively to players of all skill levels and positions
* Maintain a strong level of professionalism
* Ability to work effectively with the captains, executive board and players
* At least 2-3 years of previous coaching experience
If interested, please send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portland (ME) Women's Rugby Club - Head Coach / Coaches
posted October 4, 2018
The Portland Women’s Rugby Club is looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable rugby coach or coaches to begin Spring 2018.
- Must have minimum of level 200 USA Rugby Coaching Certification or be willing to obtain prior to season start. Be eligible for USA Rugby CIPP registration.
- Develop sustainable culture of accountability and competitiveness.
- Ability to attend all trainings and matches.
- Ensure that sessions are designed to grow and develop safety, skills, and understanding of both new and experienced players.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other coaches, captain, and players.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and encouragement individually and collectively to players of all skill levels and positions.
- Develop team growth and community involvement.
- Willingness to assist with recruitment and retention of players.
- Work closely with captain regarding team growth and goals.
- Ability to work effectively with team executive board, assisting when needed, on club development and planning.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References from co-coaches and players are strongly encouraged.
Village Lions RFC - Head Coach Women's 15s D2 Program
posted September 10, 2018
This NYC squad has an established playing group and is looking forward to playing in the competitive Empire League Season for 2018-2019.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced coach to help shape and develop the women’s 15s program over the next 2 -3 years, supported by a proactive and enthusiastic committee and Board of Trustees.
The new coach will engage in: player development, will develop game strategy, including practice, game coaching and player skills. Importantly, the coach will seek out best practice and innovative approaches in 15’s rugby; Coaches with outstanding records in Fifteens are encouraged to apply.
The fall season will be from early August to mid-November with the spring season running from March - June depending on performance in the playoffs. Practice is usually Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the Bronx (Mott Haven) A stipend is provided, plus travel to games/tournaments, and a bonus should the team go to Championship games.
Prospective applicants are asked to provide the following:
* Your rugby CV.
* A sample plan for one or more 15’s training sessions, so we can get to see how you organise
sessions and how you communicate.
* Your vision for how you would move our program to the next level.
Applications should be sent to the VLRFC Director of Rugby (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.